Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Peer Pressure?

Ay s'been a while since my last post, sorry bout that. well today's entry is about peer pressure. well i was hangin out with my friends one day cause my friend Alfred wanted to go check out cam corders. while there we ran into my friend Sean, and we spoke to him for a bit then he told us to comeover to his house which was across the street from the mall. so we finish up at the mall and head to the his house.Sean lives on his own with 2 roomates only one roomate was home besides sean when we went and it was my friend Andy. Andy, Sean, and the other roomate went to a rave a few weeks back and we were listening to a cd one of the DJ's gave him as a sample, pretty good stuff. Anyway my friends Mitcho,Alfred and Alvin went to check out the gym in the apartment complex. I decided to stay with Sean and Andy as they told me stories about the rave and how fun it was. The typical thing people do at raves is take Ecstacy and that's not really my cup o tea. I'll go, I'll mingle, i'll prolly dance, but taking drugs isn't my thing. So Andy asked me if i went to the next one would i take some, i told him i prolly wouldn't and then he asked me why. i'm not the type of person that cares about alot of stuff, i believe that if a person wants to do something and it's not bothering me or hurting anyone else they can do it, but putting a drug like ecstacy into my system is a different story. This is a world of people who you never would have thought would ever even touch drugs are hooked on them the next day and i don't feel like being one of those people. nor do i feel like being the guy that dies just because he made a stupid mistake once. They gave me reasons that sounded something like, everything looks so cool when you're on it, and there's almost no side effects except that you'll be tired the next day. My favorite reason sounded something like...After you take it you'll feel more comfortable around people and you'll be open and you'll be the person you wanna be. and with those words my resolve of not taking reached an all time high. I also believe that i don't need a drug, pill,food, or anything else to be comfortable and make me who i want to be i choose to work and be comfortable and confident on my own. I'm just glad i am the way i am otherwise...

No comments: